- Want to work for the Islanders? They're looking for people down at Barclays Center, including a new Zamboni driver. Trust me: you are not qualified. [LHH]
- If Michael Dal Colle makes the Islanders this season, Team Canada's World Junior team will feel the loss. [Times Colonist]EA Sports offers screenshots of what the inside of Barclays Center (and other arenas) will look like in NHL16.
- An ex-pat Long Islander returns for Billy Joel's Nassau Coliseum swan song and finds an arena trapped in time. [Deadspin]
- The Ducks re-signed fun-to-say forward Jakob Silfverberg to a four-year contract. [Anaheim Calling]
- Possible first overall pick Auston Matthews is taking his talents to Switzerland next season, which is kind of a big deal. [CBS Sports]
- When the ugly and awful real world intrudes on the tidy escapism of sports, it's important to remember that athletes are not your friends. [CBS Chicago]
- Awesomely named former Sound Tiger CJ Stretch stretches his way to Germany's Rosenheim Star Bulls.
- A Battle of California Fanpost pokes fun at the Metro Division. Jack Capuano is a New Yorker now? Don't tell the Cranston City Council. [BOC]