- Travis Hamonic played less minutes last season and still managed to set career high offensive numbers. What will Hammer Time look like this season? [Islanders]
- So it looks like the Ice Girls will soon be Ice Girls and Guys. Everyone had a lot to say, but somehow a good portion of it ended up being about Paul O'Neill. [LHH]
- The AHL schedules were released and the Sound Tigers begin their 15th season at home against the Baby Pens. Michael Fornabaio goes a little more in-depth and finds a lot of local rivalry games.
- Riveters forward Madison Packer blogs about her NWHL experience so far.
- The roster for the USA Hockey All-American Prospects game has been announced and a bunch of Long Island guys are on it. [SBN College Hockey]
- One more: There isn't much Islanders stuff in On The Forecheck's Metro Division primer, but this line made me laugh:
If Jack Capuano doesn't get his team to the playoffs (or past the first round), he'll be back to breaking kneecaps and pickup lunch orders for the Mafia.
Beyond the Island
- Mike Richards was officially charges by Canadian authorities for possession of controlled substances [JFTK]. But not so fast Kings. You're not out of the woods, yet. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Looks like the Sabres are looking to end the Cody Franson intrigue and have offered the defenseman a two-year deal. [DBTB]
- Leafs PTO-signee Devin Setoguchi talks openly about why his career is on the brink of extinction, namely he was a jerk that needed to clean up his life. [Sportsnet]
- Speaking of PTO's, Scott Gomez chugs his way to St. Louis. [Sportsnet]
- Determining the NHL's best goalie is a monumental task. [TSN.ca]
- Down Goes Brown on esoteric rules that will definitely screw your favorite team at the worst time.
- The falling ruble has caused havoc for the KHL and driven a number of players to North America. [IIHF]
- RIP, Chocolate Thunder. [SB Nation]