- The team site recounts Mathew Barzal's first pitch adventure from Safeco Field with quotes and video and stuff.
- The KHL season is underway and Mikko Koskinen - who, by the way, is still listed as Islanders property according to the team - made a pretty sick save on noted shiftless layabout Alex Radulov. [The Hockey News]
- Mark Giordano is a rich man, signing a 6-year, $40 million contract to remain as Calgary's captain. He's earned every penny, even if he'll probably be a broken down shell by the end of the deal. [Matchsticks & Gasoline]
- Why scorers stop scoring and what being a "proxy" really means. Very interesting read from Eyes on the Prize.
- Man, some of this Senators inferiority complex stuff feels a little familiar. [Silver Seven]
- Head Zamboni Dave Schneider stops by the Anaheim Calling podcast to talk hockey and rockin'.
- A new experimental Russian film casts master thespian Mike Keenan as Vladimir Lenin. Night Watch, it is not. [Puck Daddy]
I should watch this again. Of course, I owned it for years, didn't watch it at all, then got rid of it about two years ago. Still, crazy movie.