- So Mike Bossy got a Vegas vacation and a historic puck back thanks to rich dude Gavin Maloof. [LHH | Las Vegas Review Journal story by a writer who NEEDS to be on the NHL beat out there]
- NHL.com's Brian Compton did a Staple-style Twitter Q&A and answered all manner of questions, Islanders-related and otherwise. Thanks to Kevin Corey for compiling these in this FanPost.
- Oshawa Generals GM Roger Hunt gives Isles Blog his detailed scouting report on a player he knows well - Michael Dal Colle.
- In super exciting Islanders offseason news, Butch Goring hung out at the Hampton Classic horse jumping show and met winner Jen Dorfman.
How good is this #Isles pic.twitter.com/BjjS7Q7HwU— Butch Goring (@91Butch) August 23, 2015
- Oh, speaking of that Vegas hockey team, both Sin City and Quebec have moved on to Stage 3 of the NHL's expansion process. In Stage 4, they can stick to walls like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly. [AP.org]
- Bob McKenzie reports that Christian Ehrhoff is heading to LA on a one-year deal as 29 other fanbases fire up their blame machines. [Jewels From The Crown]
- Free agency is the latest and largest battleground for dueling women's leagues the CWHL and NWHL. [Puck Daddy]
- If you're a Sidney Crosby hater, don't read this longform piece in the Tribune about his charity work, college studies and general regular guy status around his hometown. You'll hate it, too.
- Remembering one of the NHL's greatest names: Merlin Malinowski at Greatest Hockey Legends.
- The San Jose Sharks as actual sharks. 'Nuff said. [Fear the Fin]