John Tavares stopped by retailer Pure Hockey's Twitter account to answer some fan questions for a few minutes. There wasn't much worth noting, but the whole thread is here. Here are the most interesting answers he gave:
@maiasperling - Hardest place to play is LA - the style team they are, they make you earn everything and they are very good at home.— Pure Hockey (@PureHockey) August 17, 2015
.@justincarp55 - Matt Moulson is probably my closest non-NYI friend. It's a little strange seeing him on the ice with another team.— Pure Hockey (@PureHockey) August 17, 2015
- Adidas will take over the rights for all NHL jerseys starting with the 2017-18 season, which led to lots of corporate intrigue [TSN.ca], concerned conjecture [Puck Daddy] and RunDMC jokes [Me].
- Dark Elf Daniel Briere officially announced his retirement yesterday, so he's free to play dirty and score irritating goals against civilians now. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Free agent Mike Santorelli lands in Anaheim on a bargain one-year deal. [Anaheim Calling]
- Leave a penny, take a penny: A day after signing Robbie Russo, whom the Islanders chose not to sign, the Red Wings chose not to sign Minnesota defenseman Ben Marshall. It all comes back around. [WIIM]
- In Lou We Trust will have a new name that's both team appropriate and predictably palatable, All About The Jersey.
- The Bruins are trying to duck the IRS by saying their players eat a lot of food. You don't want to tell Zdeno Chara that the buffet is closed. [Boston Globe]
- No doubt utilizing some sort of daemon magicks, the NHL briefly made available shirts from an alternate universe in which the Oilers actually did move to Houston. [Sportslogos.net]