- Brock Nelson still needs a new contract and history tells us... something, I have no idea. [LHH]
- You've heard all about it. But nothing can prepare you for the amazing Seattle pitching of Mathew Barzal. Who did you think I was talking about? [LHH]
- Ryan Pulock gives a wide-ranging interview to Islanders Insight about where he's been, where he is now and where he expects to be soon.
- Very rare Junior Islanders news: The PAL team has signed two defensemen with notable names: Michael Gilroy, brother of NHLer Matt, and Patrick Dapuzzo, son of former
reflinesman Pat. [Junior Hockey.com]
- Corey Pronman is back, this time with his Top 100 NHL Prospects for E$PN IN$IDER$. Islanders on the list are Barzal (No. 13), Michael Dal Colle (17), Joshua Ho-Sang (45), Ryan Pulock (65), Anthony Beauvillier (66) and Mitchell Vande Sompel (79). To find out what he said, pony up the cash.
- Maybe a new stat could help demystify those dastardly goalies. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Johnny Boychuk is a highly paid defenseman, which means he's expected to do what these other guys can. [TSN.ca]
- Crypt Keeper Jeremy Jacobs winning an award for "outstanding service to hockey" is like giving The Joker a medal for robbing a bank. [Broad Street Hockey]
- New Riveters goalie Jenny Scrivens talks about her career and influences including Islanders legend Kelly Hrudey. Fun Fact: she'll also work in the Riveters PR department. [Today's Slapshot]