Actual Islanders things
- Kevin Poulin is back for another year of trying to put it all together, with a one-year, two-way deal. [LHH | Isles announcement]
- They don't call Johnny Boychuk "Johnny Rocket" for nothing. The man likes to shoot first and ask questions later. [NDRE FanPost]
- At home, Boychuk is more Mr. Clean than Mr. Fix-It during the offseason. [Islanders | Artistic License, courtesy of LHH]
- Shannon Hogan stops by the IslesBlog podcast to talk about her prep, her career and her first year with the Islanders.
- The Hockey Writers uses the crystal ball to predict the Islanders leading scorers next season.
- Matt Carkner will return to the Sound Tigers via a two-year contract, which Arthur Staple thinks is part of a player-coach role. [BST Announcement]
- Also via Staple, set your anxiety levels to DEFCON 5:
And, since many have asked, I've heard Barclays Center/#Isles will unveil new third jersey next month.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) August 11, 2015
- Huge news for the Riveters as they sign goalie Jenny Scrivens who was a standout for Cornell. [LHH | NHWL announcement]
- NWHL commish Dani Rylan talks about her longterm goals for the league and women's hockey in New York Magazine.
- Fashion News Explosion! The Avalanche and Ducks will have new third sweaters next season. Anaheim is bringing back the old Mighty Ducks logo on their more recent orange. [Anaheim Calling] | Colorado can't make up their minds and end up with a pile of derp. [Mile High Hockey] | The possible leak of the Red Wings Stadium Series jersey makes for sad Wingers in Motown.
- Corey Pronman puts out his prospect rankings for E$PN IN$IDER$ ONLY. The Islanders come in fifth in the NHL from what I hear.
- This is NOT how you host a movie night, Ducks. Typically, people hosting movie nights provide the movie. [SB Nation]
CCTV asks Andong Song about getting drafted, the Olympics and what this whole "hockey" thing is all about.