It was a holiday weekend in the United States, and a banner weekend for their women's national soccer team, which won its third FIFA World Cup.
But now, Islanders prospect camp beckons this week.
Ryan Pulock talks about the transition from WHL to AHL, and his aspirations for an NHL spot this fall. [Brandon Sun]
- Andong Song, the Isles draft pick and first-ever NHL draft pick born in China, on SportsCenter. [Isles video]
- Employees of Nassau Coliseum reflect on the many years there...and getting laid off as SMG's lease expires. [Newsday]
- A case for Capuano being part of the transition to Brooklyn. [Islanders Insight]
- Have you fantasized about Joshua Ho-Sang? Dobber Hockey has. In a fantasy sports way, I mean. [Dobber]
- Jeff Tambellini is back on North American shores. Because it's the smart Lightning doing the signing, you should be scared. [Lightning]
- The cap hits of the five most expensive players for each Metro team. [@MikeDarnay]
- The NHLPA announced all of the player-elected arbitration filings. There are 23, Derek Stepan and Braden Holtby are among them. (No Islanders are; Thomas Hickey and Anders Lee already signed extensions.) [NHL]
- This is what life is like at the NHL Draft, via a Kings scout. Good process read. [Mayor's Manor]
- Alex Burmistrov, who left for the KHL in part because of life under Claude Noel (or so it appeared), discusses his return to Winnipeg. [NHL]
- Every city has its generalist columnists who must opine on everything, and this guy is definitely one of them. [STL GameTime]