- EA Sports NHL16 brings the Barclays Center and "Yes, Yes, Yes!" into your living room, den, basement or wherever you have your gaming rig set up. [LHH]
- Tickets for the Islanders-Flyers preseason game at Allentown, PA are available for purchase if you're interested. [LHH]
- Pat LaFontaine stops by to chat with the Isles Buzz podcast.
- Riveters forward Haley Skarupa writes a short blog post about her experience so far with the NWHL. [Womens Hockey Life]
- Philly signed Jakub "pork chop hair" Voracek to an eight-year $66 million deal and Broad Street Hockey is happy. They should be.
- Not to be outdone, the Canadiens signed Alex Galchenyuk to a short two-year bargain contract. [EOTP]
- The Canucks gave up a ton for Brandon Sutter, so naturally they want to make it worse by signing him to a pricey, long-ish deal. [NHL.com]
- Making the case for the Predators to trade Shea Weber and using the "big market's" egos against them. [Puck Daddy]
- The Blackhawks are building a sweet and exorbitantly expensive practice facility. It's good to be the kings. [NHL.com]
- The World Junior Summer Showcase games are next week and you can watch on TSN (if you're in Canada). Michael Dal Colle is one of the headliners.
- More on NHL16 from its producer, who tells you all the ways this year's version is better than last year's (which was better than the year before, which was better than the year before that, better than the year before that and so on). [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of games, what can Magic: the Gathering teach us about building hockey teams? Turns out, a lot (featuring artwork by yours truly). [PPP]
- Ken Daneyko talks about the type of man Lou Lamoriello is (which basically like we all assumed he is: a smart, tough old bastard who will go to war for and against his own players). [Players Tribune]
- Good Nova Scotia lads Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon make the time to visit a boy with leukemia. Come for the heartwarming story, stay to see Crosby blasted by a water gun. [CBS Sports]
New Riveters goalie Nana Fujimoto has a cool dad.