- The Islanders are back in NBC's good graces and are scheduled to appear a very reasonable five times on NBCSN this season. [LHH]
- Summer is a time to train for camp hopefuls like Scott Mayfield. [IPB Interview]
- Or, if you're Casey Cizikas, Summer is a time to play Ball Hockey and school everybody. [The Telegram]
- Andong Song's story hits the UK in this Telegraph story.
- The Riveters made a huge move, signing standout Japan National Team goalie Nana Fujimoto as a free agent. The inaugural roster is looking impressive. [LHH]
- Aviator Events in Brooklyn, the Riveters' home rink, is also home to one of the best youth teams in the country. [CBS NY]
- The Rangers locked up Derek Stepan for six years and about $6.5 per season. Good player, good term, good price but man that cap is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. [BSB]
- Puck Daddy's annual Winners and Losers of NBC's NHL schedule. The Islanders are neither. | The Ducks fans of Anaheim Calling are feeling slighted. Every Western Conference team that's not Chicago should probably feel the same.
- Go behind the scenes with how referees are evaluated with Paul Stewart. They have paperwork and everything. [Hockey Buzz]
- The Sabres have parted ways with team president Ted Black, the man most famous for equating their recent third jerseys to a "turd burger." [DBTB]
- Ya know what? The Flyers getting 18 games on NBC this year isn't enough. That's right. Dump some of that riff-raff and add more Philly games, Peacock. [Pattison Ave]