- [this space for rent]
- The Riveters inked Russian National team forward Lyudmila Belyakova to a free agent contract. [LHH]
- The Devils signed defenseman Adam Larsson to a 6-year contract extension Saturday. That's one way to distract everyone from the Lou Lamoriello news. [ILWT]
- New Jersey also named former Islander Tom Fitzgerald as assistant general manager, a position he held with the Penguins. [NJ.com]
- Derek Stepan wants the Rangers to pay him a lot of money for a long time. [Brooksie]
- Those free-spending, big-money Blue Jackets have a high payroll and expectations to match for the first time. [Blue Jackets Xtra]
- Mile High Hockey asks Columbus beatwriter Aaron Portzline about his thoughts on the Jackets and the Avalanche. Maybe Arthur Staple will make an appearance in the series, too.
- Commissioner Bettman on the harsh realities of expansion teams and other things (sorry, shootout haters). [Boston Globe]
- Ted Leonsis: Movie Critic. Should have seen Ant-Man instead, Ted.