- Hot off the presses is this Newsday staff editorial about the sad history of Nassau Coliseum and how tied it is to squashed dreams and bad deals. Nothing revelatory, but a concise and infuriating summation of decades of waste.
- An Islanders drama in three acts, starring Kyle Okposo, Ryan Strome and Thomas Hickey. [LHH]
- Cal Clutterbuck is looking big picture this summer. [Islanders]
- How Okposo stacks up against other NHL wingers in points/60. You know his agent is paying attention. [FanPost]
- PDO predictions of Metro Division teams. Jaroslav Halak isn't helping things. [The Hockey Writers]
- Penn State's Eamon McAdam is making adjustments this offseason with the help of a goalie coach. [PennLive]
Around the League
- Marc Bergevin ninja'd the whole league, inking Alex Semin to a bargain-priced one-year deal. If he and Michel Therrien play nice, Semin could be a real weapon for the Canadiens. If not, no biggie. [EOTP on the pros and other pros]
- The Capitals and Braden Holtby went to arbitration and settled on a very reasonable five-year deal. [Japers]
- Lots more on Lou Lamoriello's defection to the North. The Godfather thanks his people in the paper. [NHL.com] | Friday was Lou's cleanout day [Fire & Ice] | Timing is everything. And Brendan Shanahan is convincing. [CP] | With dad out of the house, the Devils are gonna cut loose, dude. [Zeitgeist]
- Perhaps related, the Leafs may or may not have fired their head scout last night. No one knows. [PPP]
- The Coyotes and Glendale have settled their legal tangle, but everyone else will haggle over the team's future existence for at least another two years. [AZCentral | FFH on what's next]
- Sky high expectations are a hell of thing for young players and impatient fans. [WIIM on Black Mantha]
- The Islanders' quiet summer hasn't been a source of concern (except for those already prone to hyperbole). But in Vancouver, the Canucks' moves are driving Nucks Misconduct to the brink.