- Boomer Esiason asked wrestler Daniel Bryan what he thought of Islanders fans adopting his "Yes, Yes, Yes!" chant. The results were underwhelming, but Bryan hears you. [LHH]
- Nope. It was just a typo. But if it makes you feel better, print it out and hang it on your wall. [LHH]
- For the Islanders to take the next step, they need to find a new well-oiled gear. [Isles Talk]
- Our pals at The Cannon preview the Islanders' place in the middle of the Metro.
Beyond the squared circle
- At 10 am yesterday, everything we knew as hockey fans exploded in our faces as Lou Lamoriello, the man with the New Jersey Devils logo tattooed somewhere on his bald head, was named GM of the Maple Leafs. This will take a while to process. ILWT on the exit | PPP on the new guy | Puck Daddy on the shock | Yes, In Lou We Trust will have a new name. Eventually.
- The Coyotes and Glendale have settled their arena dispute and will make an announcement today. The money gets shifted around and the team makes a two-year agreement to stay put. And if you think this will actually settle anything, you're crazy. [Five for Howling | NHL.com]
- Down Goes Brown on the bizarre and not-so-bizarre goings on of the offseason. [Grantland]
- The league's best players are getting younger and younger. [TSN.ca]
- Sidney Crosby isn't "the kid" any more. So who's nipping at his heels? The answers might surprise you. [WaPo]
- Patrick Kane got yelled at one time because he was on ice for a goal against while he was being distracted by Taylor Swift. Long story. [NHL.com]
- It's a cliche but it's true: players are humans, and you really never know what's going on with them off the ice. [EOTP]
- EA Sports' NHL16 is getting an open beta, the first in the series' history. You'll need a PS4 or Xbox One and a copy of NHL15 to join in early. [Polygon]
- A hockey player in Minnesota is still going strong at 94-years-old. I'm surprised Lamoriello didn't sign him before leaving the Devils. [Duluth News Trib]
One more of these Ask the GM videos from the Mavericks. This time, Brent Thiessen asks about whether the Islanders could play an exhibition game at Kansas City.