- Former Habs first rounder Louis Leblanc is on board on a one-year two way contract, most likely for AHL depth. [LHH | PHT says he wasn't qualified by the Ducks, whom he was traded to in 2014, making him a free agent.]
- Looks like Seattle won't be bidding on an NHL team when the deadline rolls around next week. Somewhere right now, Jack Sikma, Shawn Kemp and Xavier McDaniel are no doubt inconsolable. [Seattle Times]
- Duncan Keith talks frankly about a tough year in which we when through a divorce and some harmful rumors. [Puck Daddy]
- T.J. Oshie makes good with the fan who was freaked out by his trade to the Capitals. [NHL.com]
- A very cool look at all that goes on behind a trade, even one involving "throw-ins." [Boston Globe]
- LHH favorite and international scout Francesca translates a Swiss interview with Nino Niederreiter for Hockey Wilderness. He talks briefly about his year as an Islander and the mental toll it took on his game.
- Teemu Selanne is an NHL legend. This wax statue of him is the stuff of nightmares. [Puck Daddy]