- Please welcome new LHH writer Zoë Hayden, who will be bringing expert coverage of the NWHL and the New York Riveters to the site. Time to get on the bandwagon of players like Madison Packer who signed with the club yesterday after a championship career at Wisconsin.
- Please welcome back to the Islanders mighty Mike Halmo and forgotten man Kevin Czuczman. Both accepted qualifying offers yesterday and will be back (in Bridgeport, at least) next season. [LHH]
- Long Island Homesteaders brave the long, arduous journey to the mysterious land known as "Brook-lin" and live to tell the tale. [Brooklyn Paper]
- But Mr. Islander is ready for the move and says the team is, too. [NY Daily News]
- Ryan Pulock is ready for a fight - and a spot in the Islanders' opening day roster. [Metro.us]
- It's been a long time since a Pilon was at Islanders training camp. And this new one is just getting started. [Clarks Crossing Gazette]
- Andong Song's first training camp is another big step for Chinese hockey. [Yibida.com]
- Former first round pick Taylor Pyatt (of the infamous four pick 1999 draft), has announced his retirement. [Sudbury Star]
Around the boards
- A Penguins sale is coming, most likely for a many, many monies. [Puck Daddy]
- The Oilers have their own massive municipal building complex happening, but the name isn't to Copper n' Blue's liking.
- Ted Leonsis is still over the moon about Ovi. [ESPN]
- Next year's Chicago-Minnesota outdoor game will feature an alumni game between old Blackhawks and North Stars. It's complicated. [Puck Daddy]
- Not hockey, but New York: Frederic Weis is a legendary NBA draft bust and Knicks blunder. But he's also a complex person who has endured a tremendous amount of personal issues well after his basketball career ended. [NY Times]