Game 2 of the Cup final is tonight at 7:15 on NBC. The Lightning might want to think about playing for 60 minutes this time.
Game 1 of the AHL's Calder Cup finals starts at 6 on your nearest personal computer, using this code to watch for free.
- Cantiague Park's Ice Facility will be renovated and made into the Islanders official practice space and offices. The team will pick up the tab using money in escrow from the Lighthouse Project and will provide open practices, scrimmages and autograph sessions annually. Seems like a good deal. [LHH | Newsday with more details]
- GStatman provides a list of possible radio homes for the Islanders in the future. I provide the references to Sega Dreamcast games.
- Former Islanders updates: ex-Sound Tigers coach Scott Pellerin is now the Leafs Director of Player Development. | And ol' warhorse Steve Staios takes over the Hamilton Bulldogs of the OHL.
Around the league
- Get used to the phrase "Teuvo Time." [SCH]
- The Islanders weren't the only team spurned by free agent Jarome Iginla last summer. The other one is in the Stanley Cup final right now.
- It wouldn't be the summer without an Evgeni Malkin trade rumor. This year, Elliotte Friedman stirs the pot in a radio interview. [Today's Slapshot]
- The NHL Scouting Combine begins today and NHL.com has a whole mess of coverage for you. | Gee, why would the Sabres choose not to interview Connor McDavid? | Master Chief Tim Murray loves Jack Eichel and HALO. [DBTB]
- Bob McKenzie's Final 2015 Draft Rankings are out. See the guys who will be long gone before the Islanders get to use their first pick (unless Garth Snow wields some draft floor magic). [SBN College Hockey]
- Is this the summer of the RFA offer sheet? [WIIM]
- This one guy is the hockey voice of Finland. And it's exactly as lonely and difficult as it sounds. [Sportsnet]
- Legend Manon Rheaume talks about the upcoming movie about her life and milestone moment. [Puck Daddy]
- Could Glen Sather actually step down as Rangers GM? A couple of cryptic and probably rushed emails to ink-stained wretch Larry Brooks proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt. [NY Post]