Islanders news (sorta)
- Islanders Insight compiles a neat compendium of fan-made 2014-15 Islanders tribute videos found on on YouTube.
- Michael Dal Colle took home a couple of Generals team awards named after a couple of notable NHLers:
- The NHL's Competition Committee has recommended a coach's challenge system to review goals that might have resulted due to goalie interference or off-sides plays. That's it. Just those two instances. I'm sure that won't cause any trouble. Also, the committee decided to leave regular season OT the way it is so forget 3-on-3 for now. [NHL.com | Puck Daddy]
- Oh, and any coaches challenging a goal must already have a timeout in their pocket. Your thoughts, Art?
With the new coach's challenge and needing your timeout to use it, time to stop begging Capuano to use his timeout, #Isles fans.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) June 4, 2015
- The Oilers jettisoned assistant coaches Keith Acton and Craig Ramsay to make room for Todd McLellan's guys. Ramsay has a reputation as being a quality voice behind the bench. [Copper n Blue]
- Tampa Bay's Ben Bishop and Chicago back-up Scott Darling share an alma mater (that half the Islanders front office shares as well). [Go Black Bears]
- Former everything Mike Rupp dishes on what playing in the Cup final is really like. Pro Tip: make sure Ken Daneyko is around. [Players Tribune]
- Players hold next year's salary cap in their hands. [Globe n Mail]
- At the 2016 World Juniors tournament, Team USA will be coached by Ron Wilson. [CBS Sports]
- NHL stars answer draft questionnaires. Unfortunately, the "gun or poem" files remain highly classified. [Sportsnet]
- Is Rutgers a candidate for an NCAA hockey team? As a New Jersey resident that's a short drive from New Brunswick, I'm all for some Scarlet Knights On Ice. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Jimmy Fallon zinged NHL players in his superlatives bit and the Lightning zinged him right back. Fallon is probably writing a musical/spoof/reunion of a 90's TV show in response. [CBS Sports]