- The kids will be out for the annual Blue & White Scrimmage at Barclays Center on July 8. Tickets are dirt cheap so go. [LHH | Newsday]
- Heretic garik makes the case that the time to trade Frans Nielsen is now. Dom is planning his revenge as you read this.
- Less heretical garik makes the cases that the Islanders should pursue Justin Williams and Erik Condra via free agency. [Islander Analytics]
- John Tavares was on TSN Radio talking about the move, the team and the Final. Quote the Captain: "I'm just glad the Rangers are out." [Audio | IPB Transcript]
- More Coliseum memorabilia for your mantle, mancave or nursery. [Islanders]
- Following up from yesterday, Howard Saffan is out and it looks like longtime Islanders honcho Michael Picker is in as Sound Tigers team president. No word yet on what this means or if it signals a change in business (or location) for the AHL affiliate. CT Post's Michael Fornabaio is your man.
- Could Islanders escapee Robbie Russo find his way to Chicago? [SCH]
Around the league
- Everything was great for the Lightning for the first 20 minutes of Game 1. Then the Blackhawks became the Blackhawks again. [SCH]
- Well, well, well. Looks like the Flightless Fowl are For Sale. Yeah, we've heard the "We're just seeing what's out there" song before. [Pensburgh | TSN]
- It's been a difficult season for Dean Lombardi, whose team needs to get its shit together beyond hockey. [Mayors Manor]
- Actor and comedian Rob Riggle, a recent member of the "Oh, THAT guy" club, will host the NHL Awards with special musical guest Daughtry. Try not to all jump for joy at once. [NHL.com]
- A sociological study and masters thesis on gender roles and sports fandom. Interesting stuff. Don't assume that girl in the jersey is only interested in a player's dreamy eyes. [PPP]
- This is cool: Watch the Calder Cup Final between Utica and Manchester free online using this code. Game 1 is Saturday at 6 pm.