- The Islanders preseason schedule is out and Brooklyn-centric. [LHH]
- Kyle Okposo could star in a remake of the classic Lee Majors television series, The Six Million Dollar Man (not really, but yeah really.) [LHH]
- Pierre McGuire vomits up some vague grist for the Okposo rumor mill. [IPB]
- My friend Kyle from Winging It In Motown asked me a few Okposo questions and I responded by heartlessly bursting his bubble.
- Michael Dal Colle chatted with the Point Blank podcast.
- A great FanPost about seeing Al Arbour's 1,500th game at the Coliseum.
- Don Cherry and Mike Milbury aren't even the most notable names in this story about Don Cherry and Mike Milbury. [LHH]
- Our penultimate (I think) draft profile is going to college. [LHH]
- And a Yahoo.ca draft profile of a young defenseman with a favored last name around here: Ryan Pilon.
Around the league stuff
- Advanced stats for junior players are taking off, especially around draft time. [NHL.com]
- Can you smell that? The GMs do. It's blood in the water in Florida. [Globe n Mail]
- The best way to offer sheet an RFA is to do it twice. [TSN]
- The general managers and NHL award show both happen in Las Vegas this week. It's just like The Hangover except Mike Tyson doesn't punch anybody. [ESPN]
- This year's draft coverage on NBCSN gets the varsity team. [BSH]
- A full recap of this weekend's NWHL draft. [NWHL]
- The Leafs could have a club in Beijing soon thanks to longtime efforts in China. [PPP]
- More Leafs: Phil Kessel's eight team list is wishful thinking for everyone, including Phil. [PPP]
- Congrats to Philly's Jakub Voracek for winning an award and surviving a mauling my mutant rabbits. [Puck Daddy]