Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there, wherever they are: mowing the lawn, under the car, on the golf course, in front of the TV, manning the grill, on the fishing boat or just in our hearts.
My present will arrive Tuesday - Batman: Arkham Knight for Playstation 4. My wife and daughter made me a great breakfast so for the rest of today, I'm taking it easy, writing and hoping the Islanders don't do something crazy.
- The trade winds are blowing and Kyle Okposo and Michael Grabner are now caught up in them. [LHH]
- Our latest draft preview is a sequel to a popular but divisive feature.
- In the DC area for Friday's draft festivities? Chill with Capitol District Islander at the Irish Channel bar.
- The New York Riveters love Boston College players, and took three in the first ever NWHL Draft.
- The Oilers fired their head scout a few other scouts last night just days before the Draft. For any other team, this could be shocking and disturbing news. [Copper & Blue]
- Brooksie, predictably, says the Blackhawks are no dynasty. I knew the Islanders, the Islanders were friends of mine. You sirs are not the Islanders.
- Almost $200,000 in bogus NHL merch was seized around the Cup by the feds. So that "Black Horks 20015 Standing Cup Chumps" shirt you bought might not be legit. [AP.org]
- Hockey mad Canada couldn't be bothered to watch this year's Cup final. [PPP]
- Will the Avalanche's Bigfoot alternate logo become a myth, told to scare children around campfires? It's possible. [Icethetics]
- Sports fans as cogs in the marketing machine. But it can be fun sometimes, too. [The Guardian]