Whoa. That was unexpected. Actual stuff sorta happening around the Islanders.
- Suddenly, a wild Petrov appears [LHH]! And a broken KHL transfer agreement may have greased the wheels for his trip to North America (or not) [LHH].
- One possibly in, one possibly out. It appears as though Notre Dame defenseman Robbie Russo will not be signed by the Islanders. [LHH | Insight | SBN College Hockey]
- Our own Michael Leboff wrote the Rangers Eulogy for Puck Daddy and absolutely killed it (and them).
- Meanwhile at Modells, the Rangers are always champs, even when they're not. [LHH]
- Oshawa's Memorial Cup win restores some shine to a storied franchise. [London Free Press]
- Copper and Blue has eyes on Michal Neuvirth.
Outside the Petrov-Dome...
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts says the stories of the demise of the Blackhawks are premature.
- Mats Zuccarello had no mere concussion. He had a brain contusion that cost him the ability to speak for a short time. Frightening stuff. [BSB | Deadspin]
- Looks like Wilkes Barre-Scranton's John Hynes will be the first Devils coach in the post-Lou era. [real story at Fire and Ice]
- Speaking of Penguins, updates on the health of Kris Letang and Pascal Dupuis. One looks like he'll be ready for October, the other... who knows. [Post-Gazette]
- Want to work for the NHL's Department of Player Safety? Too bad. You're not qualified. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The NHL prospect combine started yesterday in Buffalo and there are some high-profile kids in there. [Globe n Mail]
- German toy icons PLAYMOBIL have entered a partnership with the NHL to create a line of products based on the league. The first wave will "focus on the beloved Original SixTM franchises," because there's nothing 21st Century kids love more than WWII-era hockey without cultural diversity, players unions or goalie masks. [NHL]