- The first of our completely bullshit, why-the-hell-not draft profiles focuses on a big Russian playing in Quebec. [LHH]
- Graduate Course: Advanced Advanced Stats 1001: Goalie efficiency and the Islanders Defense. [FanPost]
- Bid on Islanders stuff: A game-worn jersey auction. | A team-signed jersey on sale for charity.
- Former NHLer and short-time Islander Greg Parks has passed. [Greatest Hockey Legends]
Around the league
- Joel Quenneville is into Scotty Bowman/Al Arbour territory and will most likely join them in the Hall of Fame. [Globe and Mail]
- The guy who coached the Oilers last year is now coaching in the AHL, while the guy who coached the Sharks now coaches the Oilers. Did someone get the shaft? [C&B]
- Meanwhile, the Devils are shifting assistant coaches, and Scott Stevens is out. [Fire n' Ice]
- Trying to make sense of drafting goalies. [Puckology]
- Stop me if you've heard this before but the Hurricanes may jettison Alex Semin. [NHL.com]
- The KHL is looking to expand into China. [AP via Japan Times]
- Hockey emoji! [BSH]
Ken Morrow talks about hockey in Missouri and the Islanders/Mavericks connection.