- Islanders Insight has information on the banners that are making the trip to the Barclays Center rafters and it appears the division, conference and team Hall of Fame banners will miss the cut. Let's hope some room somewhere will be found for them inside the arena.
- The "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chant will be in EA Sports' NHL 16 for your Xbox One and PS4 (but not your Xbox 360 or PS3, which aren't getting versions this year). [Operation Sports]
- The Blackhawks are on the verge of their third Stanley Cup in the past five years after Saturday night's 2-1 win in Tampa. [SCH]
- Not a bad way to pass time during a rain delay. [SCH]
- Meanwhile, the Kings's AHL team, the Manchester Monarchs are your Calder Cup champions, besting the Utica Comets in five games. The Monarchs will relocate to California for next season which makes things a little...awkward. Michael Fornabaio wraps up the 2014-15 AHL season at Soundin' Off.
- Oh, and that new Californian AHL division will play a 68 game schedule while the rest of the league plays 76 games. Also awkward. [The Hockey News]
- Awesomely-named referee Thor Nelson is working his way back to the NHL after an injury that has kept him away for two years. [kxnet.com]
- More video games: the story behind the Lightning's sweet Blades of Steel pre-period tribute video. BLOCK THAT PASS! [Wired]
- Glendale's mayor was tased by a Coyotes fan for charity because what this story needs is more crazy. [12news.com]