- Michal Neuvirth's agent tells Pro Hockey Talk that he and Garth Snow have had a "positive conversation" about the goalie possibly returning to the Islanders next season. Neuvirth insists he still wants to be a starter, but talks with the Islanders will continue at a later date. There are going to be a lot of fish in the goalie sea this summer.
- Farmhand forward Johan "Sandstorm" Sundstrom has signed a contract to play with Frolunda of the Swedish Hockey League. He remains an RFA (according to General Fanager, at least). [Point Blank]
- This Sunday, Casey Cizikas will be the celebrity ambassador for Mississauga's Ride for Hope, which raises funds for hospice care. [Mississauga.com]
- Game 5 of the Stanley Cup final is tonight and no one knows who the Lightning's starting goalie will be. Again. [CSN Chicago]
- The Coyotes made good on their promise to sue Glendale, with a judge granting a restraining order against the city to prevent them from canceling their lease agreement. This will get worse before it gets better. [Five for Howling]
- The awful limbo Coyotes fans are in right now is old territory to Islanders fans (and Laurence Fishburne). [LHH]
- One assistant coach is determined to being D1 hockey to Rutgers. [NJ.com]
- A pair of tall, skinny Red Wings defensive prospects are going back into the draft. [WIIM]
- Dave Strader moves from NBC to Dallas to take over the Stars play-by-play duties from Ralph Strangis. Get ready for Strader and the Razor. [Stars Blog]
- Not hockey: If you're on Long Island and looking for something to do this summer, Sagamore Hill, Teddy Roosevelt's Summer White House in Oyster Bay, has re-opened after three years of renovations. The property was not sold to Tim Thomas so that the goalie could revive T.R.'s Bull Moose Party as previously reported.