- The Point Blank Podcast talks about trade chips, a topic rarely discussed around here.
- Want to see every event at Barclays Center for a year, including every Islanders game? Great. Bidding starts at $90,000. But the money goes to charity so it's not that much... right? [NY Daily News]
Bunch of random other links
- The Stanley Cup final is tied after Chicago's 2-1 Game 4 win. Mysteriously injured Ben Bishop sat out while back-up Andrei Vasilevskiy played in his place. The kid was fine, but the Lightning missed some glorious chances. [Second City Hockey | Raw Charge]
- The Glendale City Council have kicked the hornet's nest, voting to cancel the city's lease agreement with the Coyotes. Naturally, the team plans to sue their asses and we brace for a season and maybe more of stories about non-sports people deciding sports things. Send your best wishes to Five For Howling.
- One writer for Pension Plan Puppets knows just what to do with the Coyotes: change their breed from coyote to bulldog.
- Some folks (fans and journalists) in Pittsburgh freaked out when Elliotte Friedman mentioned in a radio interview some possible unhappiness on the part of Evgeni Malkin with the Penguins. So Friedman contacted Pensburgh to straighten out the situation.
- The SBN NHL Mock Draft has begun. You'll never guess who Copper & Blue picked on behalf of the Oilers... Follow along with the full draft here.
- Blackhawks fan Vince Vaughn and Tampa coach Jon Cooper played Dueling Wallets in a Chicago restaurant. [Puck Daddy]
- Ken Daneyko is a funny guy. Ask Scott Gomez. [The Players Tribune]