Get set for four days without hockey. Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final is Wednesday, which means 96 hours of worthless stats, trumped up controversy and dead horse beatings. Enjoy the final because behind it is... the abyss.
- Ryan Strome is making the Niagara Ice Dogs proud. [St. Catharines Standard]
- Throughout the playoffs, the Post's Mike Vaccaro has provided some great, insightful columns and this one (which could be the final installment of the season) is no different. He discusses the suffering of Rangers fans following their Game 7 loss to the joy of Islanders and Devils fans over the same game, a very unique condition in a city with three local teams.
- Tonight at 7:00 is the Memorial Cup final between Kelowna and Oshawa, one more marquee game for Quebec's historic Le Colisee. [Durham Region]
- The Blackhawks and Ducks each did what each does best: Chicago came through in a big way to earn a trip to the Cup finals and Anaheim melted down in a Game 7 at home. [Second City Hockey]
- The Blackhawks will face the Lightning, who have swagger in spades. [Puck Daddy]
- More philosophical reaction from Blueshirt Banter: Joe talks about caring too much about this stupid sport and these stupid teams, an affliction many of us can relate to. Rangers Fans: It's Almost Like They're Just Like Us!
- Meanwhile, Brooksie calls for the Rangers to get tougher by playing the likes of forgotten AHL ogre Dylan McIlrath.
- Before demanding your team acquire an "x-line player!," let's determine how many points a player on that line should actually produce to be considered successful. [Eyes on the Prize]
And now, a Western Conference Final Game 7 recap from former Ducks winger Devante Smith-Pelly via Twit...oh my.
:)— Devante Smith-Pelly (@smithpelly23) May 31, 2015
(And for even more hilarity, click on the date and read the replies)