- Lubomir Visnovsky's agent says that report of his client negotiating with a team in Austria is a buncha hooey. [LHH]
- The director of Entourage is a dirty turncoat. [LHH]
- Michael Dal Colle wanted to elevate his game in the Memorial Cup. He has, big time, and he's earned a couple of days off before the final. [Durham Region]. He also stopped by NHL Live to talk about the tournament.
- Vote for Islanders Goal of the Year here. Mikhail Grabovski versus the Rangers is tempting, but John Tavares versus the Leafs is just... dang.
Around the boards
- Well that was inevitable. The Blackhawks and Ducks will go to Game 7 after Chicago's 5-2 win last night. Saturday night in So. Cal will decide who takes the Clarence Campbell Bowl. [SB Nation]
- Meanwhile in Nor. Cal, the Sharks are ready to bring in former Devils coach and Randy Quaid stuntman Peter DeBoer to run their bench. [Lebrun | Fear the Fin reacts]
- An interview with new salary cap site General Fanager. [Sportsnet]
- And a roll call of the general managers in the NWHL. [Today's Slapshot]
- It took a while, but it seems NBC has decided it needs its own 30-for-30-style documentary series. The first subject for NBC Sports Films will be former Bruin and Joe Namath running buddy Derek "The Turk" Sanderson. Good choice.[Boston.com]
There's no hockey on TV today, so here's America's bodyguard Mr. T sinking a center ice shot from a year ago.