- Michael Dal Colle is ready for the Memorial Cup. [Islanders]
- So your team didn't get a new coach for Christmas. Maybe your old one still works okay for the time being. [Capitol District Islander]
- The Lightning took a 2-1 lead on the Rangers by winning a game both goalies would like to forget. [Raw Charge]
- You no doubt heard by now that Michael J. Fox Percival Forsythe Babcock, Esq. has moved on from the Detroit Red Wings to the Toronto Maple Leafs, who went from "no chance" to "holy shit this is happening" in the span of about 18 hours. The effect was like an earthquake across the Atlantic Division and the aftershocks will be felt for a while. PPP rejoices | the always erudite JJ from Winging It on the end of an era | The Sabres were left at the altar and are pissed [DBTB]. | Elliotte Friedman on what it all means | Ken Holland's very bad day [Puck Daddy]
- The Babcock news bumped yesterday's other notable hire off the front page after just a few hours. Former defenseman Don Sweeney is now the Bruins GM, replacing Peter Chiarelli. The Cam Neely Show continues. [SCoC]
- Longtime St. Louis Blues goalie takes front office position with team. [St. Louis Today]
- Oh, and the Hamburglar will keep burglarizing hamburgers in Ottawa for the next three seasons. Good news is he'll be eating off the Dollar Menu. [Silver Seven]
Bobby Ny and The Coach via Eric Nystrom. A little weird seeing Nystrom with the Predators hat on, but we'll allow it. Be well, Al.