Islanders True Crime Stories
- Arthur Staple didn't take his golf clubs to Tampa, but he did take his Twitter machine. [LHH]
- The cops caught the guy who stole Colin McDonald's glove. Long Island is once again safe from roving gangs of game-used NHL gear thieves. [Newsday]
- John Spano pleaded guilty to his fraud charges and faces yet more prison time [The AP | WaPo]. He'll be sentenced next month so if you wanted to hit him up on Twitter, now might be the time. He blocked me. :(
- Everybody's favorite arena management overlords owe Nassau County about $6 million for welshing on back payments. Great work, everyone. [New$day $ub$criber$]
- Actual good guy Travis Hamonic is a finalist for the All Sports United Humanitarian Award.
- What the Islanders salary cap outlook is for next season depends on many factors. [Islanders Insight]
- A nice Coliseum video for your enjoyment. [LHH]
- After a year at the University of Maine, Jack Capuano's son will attend the U.S. Naval Academy. [Bangor Daily News]
On the outside
- Game 2 of the Western Conference final went into triple OT, where Marcus Kruger won it for Chicago to even the series. If you stayed up to watch it all, congrats. [Second City Hockey]
- Kruger's goal wasn't even the most memorable of the game. That would be Andrew Shaw's disallowed soccer-style header in the second OT. Yep. [Deadspin]
- Mike Babcock has apparently narrowed down his choices to Detroit and Buffalo because the Sabres have reportedly offered him ten shitloads of money (actual retail price: $50 million). [WIIM | NHL.com]
- Todd McLellan made his choice and is officially the first coach of the Edmonton McDavids. [Copper n Blue]
- Looking for Dan Bylsma? He's in San Jose, as is Peter deBoer. [Mercury News]
- Most of Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts are about coaches.
- Dumping the puck out of your own zone seems like a good play. Except, it's not. [Jen LC]
- Seriously, Ottawa has at least two too many goalies. [Silver Seven]
- Senators owner Eugene Melynk underwent a successful liver transplant. [Puck Daddy]
- Goon II is a go with Jay Baruchel in the director's chair. [AV Club]
- Down Goes Brown calls out all the dudes that missed the "Playoffs Have Begun" memo.
The Top 10 Sound Tigers goals from Webster Bank Arena last season.