- Garth Snow has put a big bet down on his team's coaching staff. Will it pay off? [McNally]
- I got an opportunity to pinch hit the Islanders Eulogy at Puck Daddy this year. No commenters called me an idiot, but I think one called me a Caps fan and I'm not sure which is more insulting.
- And another eulogy for the Coliseum, addressed directly to the person most responsible for its demise: Hempstead supervisor Kate Murray. [FanPost]
- We've spent a lot of time saying goodbye to Nassau Coliseum. Now it's the players turns. [Islanders | IPB]
- The team's move says a lot about Long Island's economy, most of it not good. [Newsday]
- Team USA won their first game at the World Championships on Friday, beating Finland 5-1. Brock Nelson had two assists. [USA Hockey]
- Oshawa is one win away from the OHL Championship series. Michael Dal Colle had an assist in the pivotal Game 5 win. [Durham Region | OHL]
- The Canadiens and Lightning went to double overtime in the first game of their series and Nikita Kucherov scored the game-winner, his second OT goal of the game. Waitwhat? [Raw Charge]
- Winging It In Motown is only beginning what will feel like an endless daily cycle of "will-he-or-won't-he" drama surrounding Mike Babcock.
- Cool timeline of NHL team logos at Icethetics. I'd buy a poster of this in a heartbeat.