Two days without hockey on the horizon. Good work, NHL. Friday would have been a lovely, lovely day to start the conference finals, but I think everyone will find something else to do in the meantime.
Links that are at least 51% Islanders-related
- Brock Nelson has the USA Hockey pedigree going back to the 60's [USA Today]. The red, white and blue take on the red and white of Switzerland this morning at 9:30 on NBCSN and NBCSports.com. Nikolay Kulemin and Russia take on Sweden later today.
- Oshawa needs only one win to take the OHL title. Michael Dal Colle had an assist in Wednesday's OT win in Game 4. [Durham Region | OHL.com]
- Welp kids, sometimes we don't get what we want. Derek Stepan's OT goal sent the Rangers to the conference final versus the Lightning and sentenced the Capitals to another year of lazy "these guys will never win" stories. [BSB]
- Here's the full Final Four schedule to set your life around. [NHL.com]
- Elliotte Friedman says Todd McLellan will be the next coach of the Oilers "barring a collapse." Which never happens to either party. [Copper n Blue]
- More scores means less scores against. [Hockey Graphs]