Right to the point: to clinch a playoff berth while sitting at home tonight, the Islanders need losses by either Ottawa (at the Rangers) OR Boston (at Florida). So sayeth Eric Hornick.
Those are your rooting interests for the evening. Let's go Panthers.
- One night later, the Islanders are calm and in charge of their own destiny. Is that good or bad? [Newsday | NY Daily News]
- On the other hand, around the corner is "the unthinkable." [NY Post, of course]
- Dom was on The Penalty Box podcast trying to explain to the masses just what the hell happened on Tuesday.
- The Point Blank podcast discusses the "Faceplant in Philly."
- Hahn and Humpty welcomed special guest Kevin Connolly, who had some encouraging words for his fellow Islanders fans (and fightin' words for Rangers fans). [ESPN]
- Mostly relevant to the current Zeitgeist: a totally fake NHL brochure with tips for dealing with Playoff Clinching Anxiety.
- Speaking of anxiety, there's still a chance the Islanders could play the Rangers in the first round. [Isles Blog]
- These next two games could mean more than just a few extra playoff games. [CBS]
- Scott Cullen's Statistically Speaking talks Tavares' shot at the Art Ross and Anders Lee among rookies. [TSN]
- Seventh round pick Kyle Burroughs is aboard after signing a three-year ELC. [LHH]
- Congrats to Ryan Pulock, who was named to the AHL's all-rookie team. He will be joined on defense by another Islanders pick, Ville Pokka. [Soundin' Off]
- Sound Tigers acquire Eberle! ... Tanner Eberle, and other notes including Kevin Czuczman being sent back to the ECHL. [Soundin' Off]
- Video: Nassau Coliseum's Final Shift. [AOL.com. Seriously?]
- Remembering Long Island's first championship team. Not the 79-80 Islanders, but the 1965 Long Island Ducks. [The Hockey Writers]
- The Capitals blanked the Bruins 3-0 last night - Braden Holtby's third straight shutout over Boston and ninth of the season. Makes that potential first round match-up with Washington all the more terrifying.
- Are the Caps really a fast team, and what does that even mean? [Japers]
- The Canucks re-signed dirty Derrick Dorsett and defenseman Luca Sbisa to new contracts that pleased exactly nobody. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Connor McDavid is a great player, but even he couldn't keep the Erie Otters from filing for bankruptcy. [CP]
- As a Las Vegas team inches closer to reality, the thoughts turn to a logo and colors. Uniwatch is having a contest, but the ESPN NHL writers have their own ideas. Lebrun, you troublemaker.
- Boy, that caddie looks just like Teemu Selanne. Waitaminute... [CBS Sports]
Bridgeport's Scooter Vaughan interviews his new teammates. It's pronounced like "Stefan."