The Islanders are in Philadelphia tonight, destroyer of Penguin dreams. Pittsburgh is in Ottawa. Washington is idle but a point ahead of the Isles. Leave your First Islanders Goal picks here. Don't choose Streit.
- Slump? Anders Lee can handle it. [Newsday] (Also: Injury/practice updates on Grabovski, Nielsen, Martin. UPDATE: Nielsen and Martin won't play.)
- The end of a series: Dan closes "Last Call in Nassau" with his final visit to the Coliseum. He finished 2-4, so we're keeping him out of all playoff games. [LHH Gallery]
- Streak! Bridgeport won again, that's two in a row for the first time in a while. [CT Post]
- More on what's gone right for the Sound Tigers lately, finally, from Brent Thompson. [Soundin' Off]
- It was their latest "last" trip to Worcester. [memories galore at Soundin' Off]
- The Isles prospect report includes a teaser for Dal Colle vs. Ho-Sang. [Isles]
- On Sparky the Dragon's fate (with pretty sweet image): "This was not something I thought I would have an opinion on, at all, let alone thought about vocalizing." [Capitol District Islander]
- Barry Melrose discusses his memories of Nassau Coliseum...and the Penguins being in a playoff struggle. [NHL]
- On the Coliseum: A dump. But our dump. [CBS NY]
- Meanwhile, construction of the not-at-all-dumpy Isles locker room in Brooklyn is underway. [LHH]
- Ratings for hockey games in New York, and by that we mean whatever and however the MSG gods deign to show it to us, have been up. Two top teams will do that. [Newsday]
- Bob McKenzie polls coaches. Mentions of John Tavares for Hart, no mentions of Nick Leddy for Norris. [TSN]
- Abu Dhabi's English pub reminds you Mike Milbury made mistakes. [The National]
I feel like this isn't said enough:
The Rest of This League or Thereabouts
- The Jets hopped back into wild card position with a shutout of the #currentWild in Minnesota, who finish on the road against the Central's top three teams. Nino Niederreiter left the game with an undisclosed
email from his agentinjury.
- Yes, the Flyers need to lose tonight, but we can all agree they have more potential work to do to see the Penguins go down in shame. [Broad Street Hockey]
- You probably didn't watch this game, so here's a pretty Patrick Dwyer goal in Buffalo's lottery-threatening win over Carolina. [Puck Daddy] Anders Lindback made 49 saves in the 4-3 win, which is just more proof that hockey is insane and not to be trusted.
- Paul Devorski worked his final game. Not everyone hated him. Lots of players respected him, including Mark Streit. [NHL]
- Dan Lacouture joined the concussion lawsuit and holds the NHL responsible for shortening his career. [Post-Gazette]
- Patrick Roy's Avalanche tried to do the same thing that worked for a Central title last season -- which is to say, hope for luck again. [Puck Daddy]