- Alright, fess up. What hurts? [LHH | Islanders | Newsday on Travis Hamonic's ligament.]
- McNally on how those injuries greatly affected the Islanders chances in the series.
- Clean out day. [News12 Long Island]
- Series leftovers: Justin Bourne's Five Thoughts on what happened. | Why did the Islanders lose? [NHL.com] | The series was a punishing one. [TSN] | Video: Leafs guy Steve Dangle enjoyed the hell out of the series. | Leafs guy Down Goes Brown on the misery and majesty of a Game 7. | Our final series of Re-Cats tells you all you need to know. | Kuznetsov's series winner was straight out of NHL '94. [WaPo] | Former Net and current Wizard Paul Pierce is The Jinx. [Sportsnet]
- Kerry Fraser thinks Alex Ovechkin should have gotten at least a minor for his hit on Thomas Hickey, but then gets into a bunch of game management ref-speak. [TSN]
- Lotsa people watched Game 7 on the Tee Vee. [Newsday]
- Memories of the Coliseum: Puck Daddy's Sean Leahy on the place where he fell in love with hockey (just not Islanders hockey). | Personal reflections from The Hockey Writers. | Twelve Things about The Barn that CBS will miss. | Photos from Sportsnet.
- A "devastated" Kevin Connolly stopped by Boomer and Carton yesterday morning to vent his pain. [CBS NY]
- The Point Blank podcast wraps up the series and the Coliseum.
- What moves do the Islanders need to make for next season? [SI.com]
- Capitol District Islander on moving forward to Brooklyn.
- It's okay to cry over the end of a meaningful and memorable season. [Michele Catalano at Medium]
- Torgo sniffs out the witches among us. [FanPost]
- Oh no, Rick. Not you, too. [Newsday]
Enjoy Other's Misery
- Tonight is the final Game 7 of the first round. But the Red Wings won't have Niklas Kronwall in the line-up versus the Lightning after he was suspended for Kronwalling Tampa's Nikita Kutcherov in Game 6. [DOPS]
- The Predators are also out in the first round after a great regular season. [OTF]
- Forgot this yesterday for some reason: Drew Doughty, P.K. Subban and Erik Karlsson are your Norris Trophy finalists. Brian Strait must have just missed the cut. [NHL.com]
- The World Championships are upon us and Broad Street Hockey has the info.
- And on that note...
New York Islanders LW Anders Lee will join Team USA at the World Championships in Prague, Czech Republic.— NEIL SHEEHY (@ICEHockeyAgent) April 29, 2015