Call out sick tomorrow. Game 7 is coming. Your boss will understand. In fact, take Tuesday, too. This is gonna require some extra personal time.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | Japers | WaPo | Vancouver Sun (feat. "Leafs refugee Nikolay Kulemin") | Puck Daddy | SI.com
- A big ol' Newsday Islanders Overload: Don't lock the Old Barn yet. | The kids were alright. | The Caps hope their building is as crazy as the Coliseum. | Tavares wants the PartyCity to stay open | A bittersweet win (until the next one) | Fan and general revelry photo gallery.
- Dom on Matt Donovan and Scott Mayfield earning their wings with smart, effective play.
- Relive the post-game chaos from Game 6. Try not to throw any bottles at your monitor. [SB Nation]
- So, class. What did we learn after yesterday? [SB Nation]
- NY Post: Fisticuffs are fitting for a (possible) finale | Fans were happy for the win, sad for the uncertainty. | Vaccaro looks ahead to a Rangers-Islanders dream series (which would be a cold sweat-inducing nightmare for some of us, Mike). | Brooksie says whoever wins will give the Rangers a harder time than the Penguins did.
- There was a fan flare up at the Coliseum, but the Nassau cops were on it. [Newsday]
- Jason Chimera had a "discussion" with an Islanders fan after the game that was also handled by security. [CSN Washington]
- Making peace with the Coliseum after a riveting, resilient win. [NY Times]
- The Toronto Sun shines upon Kulemin the hero.
- Washington's history in Game 7's is grisly one. [NHL.com]
- Bill Torrey talks about his old office and the march of time. [CSN Washington]
- The Hockey News, finding themselves suddenly out of clickbait hot takes, called in Dom and Mike from Blueshirt Banter to enrage each other's fanbases. They'll return to "The Rules for Buying Jerseys, Part 57" and "Is Phil Kessel a SERIAL Coach Killer?" right after this.
Away from the epicenter
- Playoff Update: The Blackhawks and Flames advance to semis, and the Lightning are in trouble.
- Brooksie takes on Tom Wilson, Lubomir Visnovsky and the continuing concussion conundrum. In it, he references this emotional article by former Devil Mike Peluso on the rough life one leads after being an NHL enforcer. [Globe and Mail]
- Things are a mess behind the scenes in Pittsburgh. [Trib]
- Kings play-by-play man Bob Miller is one of hockey's great voices and a master of snarky in-game trolling. [JFTC]
It's time! The Lighthouse Hockey NHL Playoff Bracket Team Name Bracket Final Four are here. Click here to take the final survey and determine the best name in the tournament. Good luck to everyone and thanks for voting.