Game four is tonight at 7:30 from Nassau Coliseum. A win puts the Islanders in good shape to take the series. A loss means 48 hours of erasing every single triumph and stride they've had this season and questioning your place in the universe. No big deal.
Lave your First Islanders Goal picks here.
- Jack Capuano is a man of many contradictions and also a calm, supporting presence for his team. [Herrmann]
- The E=MC2 line, the Shock Troops, the Fourth Line. Whatever you call them, they're coming for the Caps. [Daily News | WaPo]
- Johnny Boychuk has been around the playoffs. [Newsday | National Post | NHL.com]
- Kyle Okposo is throwing his weight around in the post season again. [Newsday]
- Okposo also continued the "no, OUR building is louder Wars" that have taken over the playoffs. They're all loud, guys. We get it. [WaPo]
- Michal Neuvirth has the inside intel on his former teammates. [NHL.com]
- From the Caps' side, it looks like Eric Fehr will miss Games 4 and 5 with an upper body injury. [PHT]
- Washington's history in overtime is sometimes exciting and mostly depressing. [Japers Noon Number]
- Justin Bourne stops by the Point Blank podcast.
- Saying goodbye at just the right time. [Altar of Bossy]
- More on the morons who caused problems for Caps fans at Game 3: Isles statement | Good advice via Bill and Ted and blogger Michele Catalano (@inthefade) | Outsports |
- Sound Tigers wrap-ups from Fornabaio: Summer time comes early again | 5 Questions
- Michael Dal Colle is your OHL player of the week. [OHL]
- Coliseum hagiographies: Cleveland guy Joe Posnanski and friend | Sportsnet video
- What do Playoff Score Effects suggest about this series and tonight's Game 4? [Islander Analytics]
Around the league
- Things are just peachy in Piittsburgh, with Jim Rutherford cursing out the Trib's Rob Rossi after last night's loss to the Rangers.
- The Jets have played their asses off against the Ducks, but are down 0-3 because hockey is unbearably evil. [Anaheim Calling]
- Todd McLellan is out in San Jose after "mutual agreement." Yeah, right. Fear the Fin is on it. The firing | Doug Wilson's explanation | Oilers already in on McLellan?
- Would Jack Eichel return to BU next year? Over Tim Murray's dead body. [Sportsnet]
- Did the Oilers win the lottery thanks to NHL incompetence? That''s so Oilers. [Puck Daddy]
- More fan harassment stories, this time from Montreal. where the security guards provided nothing of the sort. [Yahoo.ca]
- Stalking the Kings at the start of their summer vacation. [JFTC]
- Trading Cameron Diaz to the Canucks was a smart move for the Habs. [EOTP]