[Note: for some reason, embedding surveys turns off the comments. I've fixed the problem and added a link to the LHH NHL Bracket Challenge Name Bracket. Please click the link and vote for one name per division. Thanks and sorry for the snafu.]
Game 3 is tomorrow at noon, live from Uniondale. But you already knew that.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | Japers Rink | NYI Skinny
- Blown lead and a blown chance. Now back home. [Herrmann | NHL.com]
- Capuano had some strong words following the game about line-up changes and the myth of playoff inexperience. [Post]
- The Islanders blocked a ton of shots in the first period of Game 2. Remember when they had a 1-0 lead? [Newsday]
- Jason Chimera loves playing New York teams in the playoffs. [Russian Machine]
- The one-and-only Charles Barkley has his eye on the Islanders-Capitals series, but is rooting for Alexander Ovechkin for a personal reason. [Sportsnet]
- Stop by TSN and vote for John Tavares' OT winner against the Leafs in the Play of the Year poll. Or don't.
- Doc Emrick is calling Game 3 and plans on letting the Coliseum roar. So let him have it. [Newsday]
- Oshawa beat Niagara 4-2 to finish off the series in five games. Michael Dal Colle had two assists to give him 21 points (6g, 15a) in 10 playoff games. Joshua Ho-Sang finishes his post-season as the Ice Dogs leader with 16 points (1g, 15a) in 11 games. [Durham Region]
- Okay, look, I get it: people are upset and they don't want to lose what they have had forever. But stories like this one - about the chances of the Islanders moving back to Nassau - are dangerous and delusional. It's great to believe the team "belongs" in Nassau, but that ignores the reality, specifically the fallible human beings in charge of deciding what "belongs" there. Asking an emotional Islanders fan during the playoffs if they want their team to stay is like asking a starving man if he wants food. Find the folks that made the move happen and ask them why it's happening before determining if they can move back. Chances are, you'll have a different answer. [/soapbox]
- After last night, every series that's two games in is tied, except for the Senators, who are down 2-0 to Montreal. [NHL.com]
- This is not a good goal to give up anytime, especially in OT. [EOTP]
- Jarret Stoll had a very bad time in Las Vegas and was reportedly arrested for cocaine and ecstasy possession. [SB Nation]
- Philly fired Craig Berube, who was somehow still its coach. The Mike Babcock courtship begins. [BSH]
- Tonight is the Draft Lottery and the NHL decided to change the format and not broadcast it, possibly thanks to tank shame. Awful. [Sporting News]
- OHL Coach of the Year Sheldon Keefe is rebuilding his life and career. [Yahoo.ca]
- The Predators put on a good show by making up their own hockey traditions. [SBN]
- You never know what's going to come flying out of the stands when you go to a hockey game. [Mental Floss]
LHH NHL Bracket Challenge Name Bracket
The votes are in and the eight best names in the LHH NHL Bracket Challenge have been chosen.
Here they are. Please select ONE NAME (1) in each pairing. We'll get down to the final four on Monday (or Tuesday)