Tonight. Game 2. 7 pm. MSG+, NBCSN, Sportsnet. Be ready. Leave your First Islanders Goal picks here.
- Playoff time is Josh Bailey time, apparently. But they won't rest on their Game 1 laurels. No offense guys, but I'll believe it when I see it. [Newsday]
- Chances are the Caps will be a different, better team tonight. [NY Post]
- Under Tavares' wing, Ryan Strome is learning the ways of the NHL. [NY Post]
- Jaroslav Halak giveth and taketh away. He needs to do more of whichever is the good one. [NY Daily News]
- Could Mikhail Grabovski be ready to return? His agent says yes, for whatever that's worth. [PHT]
- Nerves weren't an issue for the mostly young Islanders. [Isles]
- Jack Capuano was on WFAN and it wasn't to pine for Jacoby Ellsbury. [CBS NY]
- Don't listen to a player or coach interview without this guide. Know it. Live it. Love it. [Playoff Zeitgeist]
- A cheeky recap of big moments from Game 1 [WaPo]. And great pics from the seats in a gallery at Japers.
- Shocking: Playoff tickets are expensive. Also shocking: the Islanders have been at Nassau Coliseum for 23 years*. [My Fox NY] (*-may be edited by the time you read this)
- It drove fans crazy. It drove players crazy. But the Islanders are benefiting from a patient approach with top forward prospects. [NHL.com]
- We interrupted our regularly scheduled playoff programming to take a look at the Sound Tigers as they head into the final weekend of their season. Thanks again to Michael Fornabaio for giving his time to answer our questions.
- Bridgeport has a physical shutdown D-pairing in the form of Adam Pelech and Scott Mayfield. [CT Post]
- Right now, the Sound Tigers are also battling a team-wide sniffle. [Soundin' Off]
- Oshawa is a win away from advancing after a 7-4 win over Niagara on Thursday. Light night for Michael Dal Colle - two goals and three assists. Josh Ho-Sang had a single assist. [Durham Region]
- Ryan Strome's bloodline keeps invading the NHL. [Toronto Sun]
- Are you in this monster picture of the Coliseum from April 11?
- Doc Emrick gets poetic about the playoffs and Islanders/Rangers. [NY Post]
- Paul Cartier isn't just the Islanders organist. Anywhere in New York where there are 88 keys, he's there. [Catholic News]
- A handy guide to help you pick out which Rangers fans to talk to and which to escape from. [FanPost]
Meet n' Greets
Gather with fellow fans to watch the game at home and away locations. Thanks to jbotte and GillianWithaG for setting these up. Take pictures!
- We got meet-up news for DC residents heading to Game 2. Bring your liver. [FanPost]
- And if you're in NYC, the plan is to invade Jack Russell's on 2nd avenue for the game. [FanPost]
Around the league
- The NHL saw P.K. Subban's slash on Mark Stone and Dave Cameron's incendiary comments and said, "OK, guys. Walk it off." No fines or suspensions will be issued. But you better believe the league will be keeping a close eye on tonight's Game 2. [CBC]
- Stone has a micro fracture to his wrist and is up-in-the-air for the game. [Silver Seven]
- The stats don't favor the Rangers. And yet here they are. [NY Times. h/t to Potvins Cups]
- Mike Rupp dishes on the Eastern and Western Conference match-ups and is looking forward to Islanders-Capitals. [Players Tribune]
- Should there be new duds for the Desert Dogs? [Five for Howling]
- The Commish teases an outdoor game at St. Louis. Dom, start saving. [StLGT]
- Devils fan tells Penguins fans all about the history of the New York Rangers. Oh yeah. [Pensburgh]