Not a bad Game 1 for the Islanders. Game 2 is Friday night at 7 on NBCSN nationally.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | ESPN | Japers | NYI Skinny
- Dom's thoughts on youth, goalies, refs and unrocked barns from Game 1.
- So... how 'bout them kids? [Newsday]
- The win was just one, but it represents a lot. I guess. [NY Post]
- No Hamonic, no problem. But Alex Ovechkin won't take Game 1 lying down. [NY Post]
- Michael Grabner is ready to refocus on the new season. [Newsday]
- (pre-game) Jaroslav Halak gives the Islanders an edge against his old short time teammates. [WaPo]
- (pre-game) Both the Caps and Isles love to activate their D. Stop that! You know what I mean. [WaPo]
- John Tavares talks with Katie Strang about his season and his favorite downtime activities. (Suits?) [ESPN]
- Good luck to everyone who entered the LHH Bracket Challenge. And more good luck to those in our NHL Bracket Challenge Name Brackett.
- Aaron Ness puts on a brave face during a tough Sound Tigers season. [CT Post]
- And the Islanders share their memories of their time in Bridgeport. [BST]
- Video: the Isles Girls Fan Club gets the News12 Long Island spotlight.
- D.C. Meet-up: Washington-area fans and/or game-goers, Jbotte's got plans for Game 2. RFD. Details here.
- Montreal took a 1-0 lead on Ottawa amidst mayhem: PK Subban was tossed because of a slash and Senators coach Dave Cameron vows frontier justice. Guys, it's Game 1. [Sporting News]
- Peter Chiarelli was fired as the Bruins GM because it's Boston and they demand blahblahblah. Thanks again for Boychuk, Peter. [SCOC]
- You thought the Sharks' turmoil would be quiet at the start of the playoffs? You were wrong. [Fear the Fin]
- Bandwagon picking for fans of non-playoff teams. Summary: Don't pick Anaheim. [Fear the Fin]
- The Blues have been good for a while, but Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko make them even better. [Sportsnet]
- No, seriously, the Ducks are the Jan Brady of the NHL. [BOC's Stace of Base writing at Arctic Ice Hockey]
- The best thing Craig MacTavish can do to help the Oilers is to keep his mouth shut. [C&B]
- Nashville food writer attempts to write about hockey and bombs harder than a lead zeppoli. [OTF]
There's only one way to Brock.