Tonight the New York Islanders close their four-game road trip with the start of an important back-to-back against teams on polar opposite trajectories: Tuesday night brings the Rangers to Nassau Coliseum after an OT win in Chicago last night. But first the Isles visit the Maple Leafs, who are 5-21-2 in 2015.
Get your First Islanders Goal picks in over here.
- The Islanders are well aware that they can't treat the spiraling Leafs like they'll just roll over and play Leaf for them. [Newsday]
- With Nazem Kadri's tardy appearance eliciting the latest controversy, that Leafs team, it has to look around for some answers. [Friedman at Sportsnet]
- From the weekend, these are worth plugging again: Walking with Gods, er, I mean Mike Bossy interviews John Tavares for MSG. [LHH]
- Torgo has the latest review of how every NHL team has done in 10-game segments this season. Yet again, the Islanders have been incredibly consistent. [LHH Fanpost]
- Michael Dal Colle came back from the flu and picked up where he left off, continuing to score for an Oshawa squad that continues to roll at a franchise-record clip. [Durham]
- David Leggio had a tough year in Bridgeport, but now he's in Portland beating his old team. (The other old team.) [Penn Live]
- With Wade Dubiliewicz's shutout record falling, a little history on some other Sound Tigers marks from the 2003-04 season. [Soundin' Off]
Beyond the Island and the Center of the Universe
- Your Sunday Metro Division snapshot. [ILWT]
- The Sunday long read was a good one: A feature on the old IHL Detroit Vipers, founded by future Lightning owner Bill Davidson and run by future NHL GM Rick Dudley, and at one time featuring both Gordie Howe and future Isles coach Brad Shaw.. [NHL]
- Last night the Senators blew a four-goal third-period lead to the Flames, then won in a shootout. [NHL]
- A very concise look at how much money the Leafs have tossed at players they've later found to be of little use. [PPP]
- Among the new Leafs with things to target: Former Islander Eric Brewer and his 1000th NHL game, coming soon. [Star]