It looked dicey for a while there, but the Islanders got their shit together just enough to slide out of Nashville with two much needed points thanks to Brock Nelson's late goal. Next stop: Saturday night in Sunrise.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | On the Forecheck | Hornick's Skinny
- The Islanders' trip to Florida will be a rendezvous with two important agents: Tyler Kennedy and Kyle Okposo. [LHH | Newsday]
- Insight] mystery ailment might not be much of a mystery. [
- He never really found any footing in San Jose, unless it was to Todd McLellan's dog house. [Hockey Writers]
- Michal Neuvirth's time in Buffalo was difficult, but he stayed positive. [Puck Daddy]
- What's the deal with this Dustin Jeffrey guy the Islanders got for Cory Conacher? [CT Post]
- Kevin Czuczman is back with the Sound Tigers after a time in the ECHL. [@SoundTigers]
- Yahoo.ca places Michael Dal Colle among the 10 best NHL drafted prospects.
- Seriously, guys, Ottawa's Patrick Wiercioch is really good (as are Nick Leddy and Johnny Boychuk) [TSN]
- An hour-by-hour account of what a player goes through when he's traded, starring former Islander (then Capital, now Hurricane) Jack Hillen. [Washington Post]
- Kimmo Timonen announced that this will be his final year in the NHL. [SCH]
- The fate of a Las Vegas NHL team might revealed shortly. [Sportsnet]
- Meanwhile, Marc Crawford had a bad day over in the Swiss league. [Deadspin]
- Someone asked Charles Barkley who he likes for the Stanley Cup and, of course, he answered. [Sportsnet]
- Want to be the Panthers next emergency back-up goalie? Now's your chance. [SB Nation]
A little family reunion in Florida. Be well, coach.