- The aforementioned Martin will sit out the game after being suspended by the NHL for his kneeing major on Trevor Daley. [LHH | Newsday, which also talks about Tyler Kennedy's upper body injury]
- Mike crunches the numbers and finds a countdown to playoff clinching.
- The Islanders penalty killing is actually getting better? [Eric Hornick's Skinny]
- Hornick also looks back at the last time the Islanders won in Nashville... 14 years ago.
- The Daily News' Stephen Lorenzo stops by the Point Blank podcast.
- Tracking the shot locations from the last Islanders-Rangers game. [MSG]
- Injured Mike Halmo is almost ready to return to the Sound Tigers and play out the string. [CT Post]
- Halmo will soon meet new teammates Dustin Jeffrey, Mark Louis and Dyson Stevenson. [Soundin' Off]
- Bridgeport traded defenseman Keith Seabrook to Rockford, presumably to be "closer" to his brother Brent. [BST]
- Joshua Ho-Sang had two goals in a Niagara win on Tuesday. [Fort Erie Times]
- Black stereotypes in hockey are a sad reality thanks to cavemen like Glenn Healy. [Bloomberg View]
- Don't mess with Jean Potvin or he'll make your teeth disappear. Literally. [Islanders Rules of the Road]
Outside the Island
- ESPN will air the World Cup of Hockey in 2016 and I can't say I'm excited. I don't watch the network because their "embrace debate" philosophy and endless supply of shouting gas bags give me a headache. But they did do a good job on their FIFA World Cup coverage so maybe it'll be OK. They have a year to get it together.
- "David Clarkson is now officially a member of the 2014-15 Blue Jackets -- his season is likely finished after he was diagnosed today with a torn oblique muscle." [Dispatch]
- CBS grades teams at the third quarter. The Islanders get straight "A's" but no mention as to why.
- Pierre LeBrun posts his award winners at the third quarter and a few Islanders are mentioned.
- The Dion Phaneuf-Joffrey Lupul Twitter fiasco has a happy ending: TSN will no longer air tweets during live broadcasts. [CP]
- But Lupul better cool it with challenging people on Instagram to fist fights. [Deadspin]
- The goalie madness in Florida will be addressed at the next GMs meeting and may allow more random goalies to appear in games. [Sportsnet]
- The Mike Ribeiro redemption story is truly remarkable. [SI.com]
- Goalie Andrew Hammond just might drag the Senators into the playoffs. [SB Nation]
- Are the Predators tired from a packed schedule? On the Forecheck investigates.
- Ref Paul Stewart was always looking out for the tough guys. [Huff Po]
- Ten years ago, a kid named Phil Kessel picked a college to go to and shocked the world. [SBN College Hockey]
- When using stats, don't lose the forest through the trees. [Jets Nation]
- JenLC extensively examines how Blackhawks brass develops youngsters. [Part 1 | Part 2]
SB Nation's Dan Rubenstein sits down with a relaxed Jeremy Roenick to talk about the trade deadline and pretend to drink coffee.