Another off day for the Islanders means another set of links for no one to read before complaining about Brian Strait.
- The rest of the Islanders schedule has games against a bunch of non-playoff teams. For any other team, this news would be reassuring. [Newsday]
- Hey, look! Power play goals. [Newsday]
- Altruistic Arthur Staple stopped by the Point Blank podcast to talk about the weekend's games.
- A team comprised of only Minnesotans would contain a bunch of Islanders. [Star-Trib]
Joshua Ho-Sang had three assists as Niagara got back into their series with Ottawa with a 6-2 win [St Catherines Standard]. He apparently turned heads with a sweet assist, according to this story that includes no video of said play. If we find some, we'll post it. [Yahoo.ca]
- Everyone knows Lars Eller is good except for most hockey fans and Michel Therrien. But the NHL only has one "Great Dane" and he is not a Hab. [EOTP]
- Which teams are getting the most from their young talent? The Islanders are one of them. [Globe n' Mail]
- Believe it or not, the Rangers do have some weaknesses. [NY Post]
- Matt O'Conner and Drake Caggulia are a contrast in top prospects. [Bob McKenzie]
- Hockey fanatic from Edmonton takes in 30 NHL games in 30 days. That's a lot of work just to get away from the Oilers. [NHL.com]