The ailing Kings of the NHL are still two points behind Winnipeg for the final wild card spot in the West. The Islanders are trying some new practice techniques to goose their offense. Tonight's game will probably end up being extremely important or a snoozer.
Game time is 7 pm. FIG Picks go here.
- Scoring one goal against anyone but the Devils isn't conducive to winning hockey games. So the Islanders tried some funky techniques at practice. [Newsday]
- Bridgeport signed standout Ferris State goalie C.J. Motte to an AHL deal. Long story short: he is the school's goaltending record book. [LHH
- His new teammate Griffin Reinhart is adjusting to life as a professional hockey player. [CT Post]
- Our resident Blues expert gives us the skinny on Jaroslav Halak's playoff injury history.
- The FBI is involved in investigating the threats made against Nick Leddy on Twitter. [ESPN]
- Michael Dal Colle was the guest on Jeff Marek's junior hockey podcast. [LISTEN]
- Minnesota-Mankato's Stephon Williams is ready for the NCAA tournament. [Islanders]
- Pat LaFontaine talks about his special night at the Coliseum in a first person account for NHL.com.
- Ryan "piece of the Ryan Smyth trade" O'Marra is retiring. [Coventry Blaze]
Around the house
- The Predators are working hard to keep those dirty Blackhawks fans out of Bridgestone Arena for the playoffs. [Tennesseean]
- Could Chicago let another NCAA draftee walk away as a free agent for nothing? Meet Michael Paliotta. [SI.com]
- If Carey Price has an off game, the Canadiens are screwed. If he has an off playoff series...? [EOTP]
- Nice try, NHL. But you're going to have to face that concussion lawsuit. [Puck Daddy]
- The OHL playoffs are around the corner and several Islanders prospects figure to make an impact. [Yahoo.ca]
- Part II of Winging it in Motown's review of NHL broadcasting has some complaints about GameCenter Live.
- What the hell went wrong in Edmonton? How long do you have? [Burnside]
- Half of the NHL could have new coaches next season. [LeBrun]
- I just flew in from the moon and boy is my suit hot. [Lightning]
Islanders college boys pick who they like in the Frozen Four.