It was a quiet Sunday in Islanders land, but they are back at it today ahead of a trip to Chicago Tuesday. Like the Isles in the Metro, the Blackhawks are in a three-way fight for the Central, though Chicago trails Nashville and St. Louis by five points. This game will be big for them.
Here are your playoff matchups if the postseason started today.
Justin Courtnall was a Sound Tiger all season long, and then he returned with Syracuse to hand his old mates their 7th consecutive home loss. [CT Post]
- In which you're reminded that Steve Thomas was born in the U.K., played for some of the best arenas in the NHL (Chicago Stadium, Maple Leaf Gardens, Nassau Coliseum), and is somehow pictured for his time in Detroit. [THN Q&A]
- The week that was and the week ahead in the Metro. [ILWT]
- Joshua Ho-Sang's IceDogs continue to roll. [Niagara]
- The other angle on that Carey Price selfie with a fan at the Coliseum. [Eyes on the Prize]
- The other goalie who just beat the Isles, Andrew Hammond continues his Johan Hedberg start to his career. Last night he and the Sens beat the Flyers in a shootout and scooped up a hamburger on his way out. [Puck Daddy]
- Patric Hornqvist, who judging by highlights alone delivered cheap shot after cheap shot yesterday, ended up leaving the game injured. (So, karma maybe?) [Puck Daddy]
- The Capitals shut out the Bruins, but Mike Green provided the entertainment with this gaffe trifecta. [SB Nation]
- The Vegas ticket drive is getting close to the 10k goal. Really close. [Vegas]
- A bunch of NCAA teams won Game 3's of their series yesterday, boosting chances for tourney invites. [College Hockey News]
- At the GM meetings this week, they will discuss overtime/shootout and expanded video review, per tradition. [NHL]
- NHL teams and their better late-round picks from 2001-10. [SI]
- The latest plea for #fancystats writers to write for the laymen. [THN]