It's gonna be okay, everyone. Breathe deeply. It's just sports.
- Of importance: the Islanders will be without Nick Leddy for two weeks, or about five games. Not good news, but they'll survive. [LHH | Newsday]
- Professional smoke-blower Ed Mangano came out of hiding to do what he does best; get everyone's hopes up about the Islanders returning to Nassau County. Don't fall for it. [LHH]
- Mike's Power Rankings show the Islanders holding steady among the best.
- The Maple Leafs decided Nazem Kadri needed to sit a few more games for his various transgressions. As usual, Toronto is being very public about something that often is kept "in the room." [Dom's thoughts]
- Nice piece by Johnette Howard on the Coliseum. I haven't always agreed with her going back to her Newsday writing, but this is good and honest. [ESPN]
- Islanders news from around the world (requires translations): Halak on setting the team's single season wins record [CAS.SK] | SEL teams are interested in prospects John Persson [hockeysverige.se here] and Johan Sundstrom [here]
- Carp Lad Calvin deHaan is a real NHLer. [Ottawa Community News]
- Justin Bourne talks with the IslesBlog podcast about the current Islanders and being a legacy.
- And statsmeister Eric Hornick guests at the Point Blank Podcast.
- Islanders comprise three of The Hockey News' 10 best off-season acquisitions. That's got to be a first.
- A GALLERY of pictures from Tuesday's Islanders-Rangers game. [AM NY]
- Are you an Islanders fan in the DC area? Get a club going with Capitol District Islander.
- Bridgeport lost to Worchester last night, halting the Sound Tigers winning streak at one. [CT Post | Soundin' Off Post-Game]
- About two minutes after being assigned to Bridgeport, Loic Leduc was sent to Colorado of the ECHL.
- Remember Shane Sims, who played one game with the Islanders a few years ago? He's still playing. [bcsn.tv]
- VIDEO: A day after a demoralizing defeat, the Islanders stop by various childrens hospitals to spread smiles and gifts to the kids. [Newsday]
Around the NHL
- Ondrej Pavelec needs to move past that nightmarish backbreaking goal he gave up to the Blues. [Winnipeg Sun]
- Going from a contender to the Leafs sucks, but these guys won't say so. [AV Times]
- SBN Longform looks back at the crazy, insane, unbelievable and totally history Richard Riot.
- Dylan Strome or Mitch Marner. Who ya got? [PPP]
- Carey Price, who the Islanders will see Saturday night, is amazing. The rest of his team, not so much. [EOTP]
- Bid on two stuffed squirrels re-enacting an AHL fight. It would be quite a conversation piece. [BSH]
Late addition, courtesy of Pat LaFontaine's Twitter.
Visiting with the great Coach Arbour! pic.twitter.com/PBow8IKvK8— CiC Foundation (@CiC16foundation) March 11, 2015