- Recaps of an laid egg: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | Canes Country | Hornick's Skinny
- Yeah, John Tavares took over the league lead in scoring yesterday, but it was in a loss so he wasn't in a celebrating mood. [Newsday]
- Whether they admit it or not, February's compressed schedule was a gauntlet for the Islanders. Finishing 9-5-1 was a victory in itself. [Newsday]
- The final 19 games of the season will mean rest time for Jaroslav Halak and Lubomir Visnovsky. [Newsday]
- In a shocking turn of events, the Sound Tigers lost. It's eight straight now. [CT Post | Soundin' Off Post Game]
- Nothing is immanent but a relocation of the Sound Tigers, maybe even to Nassau, is possible. Get to know the basics with Dom's primer.
- The game between the Nassau police and fire departments after yesterday's Islanders game was about more than just donations. it was a tribute to a hero. [Newsday | LHH]
- The Daily News tells the story of the McGuigan family, who are surviving a personal tragedy with an Islanders fan connection.
- Here's the corsi tables from the Islanders' win over the Flames on Friday. Kari Ramo was the reason it ended 2-1. [LHH]
- March 1st is a surprisingly active day in Islanders history. [It Happened at the Coliseum]
Trade Deadline Eve
- Dear NHL: Don't bother asking for our top prospects. Signed, Garth Snow. [LHH | Newsday]
- The Blackhawks strike again, getting UFA Antoine Vermette from the Coyotes for a prospect and a first round pick. [SCH]
- Florida sent Tomas Fleischmann to Anaheim for a pick and the rotting husk of Dany Heatley. [LBC]
- The Rangers are prepared to deal Norwegian Gnat Mats Zuccarello after not reaching agreement on a new contract. [Brooksie | NHL.com]
- Ron Francis knows about big deadline trades and what they mean for guys like Eric Staal. [The Hockey News]
- Steve Yzerman wants upgrades, not just phone calls. [Tampa Bay.com]
- TSN's James Duthie tells Trade Deadline TV horror stories. [The Hockey News]
Around the (frozen) World
- The Flyers did the Islanders a favor by beating the Rangers last night, but Steve Mason did himself no favors by allowing a (n eventually disallowed) goal from center ice seven seconds into the game. [The Hockey News]
- Marc Bergevin was a funny dude as a player and is now the architect of a very good Canadiens team (and still a funny dude). [Globe and Mail]
- Buffalo News advocates the Sabres hire Wayne Gretzky as coach. Maybe Buffalo isn't ready for this whole ground-up rebuild thing.
- Dustin Penner is an idiot. [Puck Daddy]