The Islanders surrendered 10 shots in yesterday's 3-2 win over Buffalo. That's appalling. They'll need to play better than that against the Oilers on Tuesday of they want to keep them down to 2-3 shots against for the game. Anything less is unacceptable.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | Die by the Blade | LHH Corsi recap | Hornick's Skinny
- And even more fancy stats:
- Michael Grabner is back on IR, retro to Saturday, which necessitated the call ups of goal-scorer Colin McDonald and tongue-twister Harry Zolnierczyk. [PHT]
- With Cal Clutterbuck also hurt, Travis Hamonic wore the "A" that he sorta already wears unofficially anyway. [Newsday]
- The team site on Frans Nielsen's 500th game.
- The Sound Tigers dropped a 3-1 decision to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday after two straight overtime wins. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Michael Dal Colle had a
goaltwo goals and an assist in Oshawa's 7-2 demolition of Guelph. [Waterloo Record]
- Not to be outdone, Joshua Ho-Sang's Niagara Ice Dogs laid an even more destructive demolition on London, beating them 9-3. Ho-Sang had a goal and three helpers. [St. Catharines Standard]
- Captain Controversy! Apparently, there was some discussion of a possible slew-foot John Tavares laid on Brad Marchand in Saturday's game in Boston. For the record, the DOPS didn't see it as a suspendable slew-foot, but more along the lines of a trip. [Hockey Buzz]. And Marchand didn't think much of it either way. [Big Bad Blog]
- The move to Brooklyn means no more tailgating, unless you open up a parking lot near Barclays Center. [NY Times]
Goalie Go Round and other news
- Steve Mason left the Flyers' win over the Capitals yesterday with another injury. No telling now how long he'll be out. [NHL.com]
- Henrik Lundqvist's injury is officially a sprained blood vessel, and he could have suffered a stroke if he hadn't addressed it when he did. That would have been un-good. [NHL.com]
- In healthy goalie news, Devan Dubnyk has been the real deal with the Wild. [Puck Daddy]
- In Lou We Trust's Metro snapshot came out before Sunday's games, which saw the Islanders re-take first and the Caps and Rangers lose.
- The Beanpot is postponed to February 23rd due to inclement weather in the Northeast. [SBN College Hockey]
- Mike Fisher spears Erik Gubranson in his gudbransons. [SBN]
The group picture from the Islanders dad's n' mentors n' brothers week, courtesy of Casey Cizikas:
Good way to finish off the dad's road trip!! pic.twitter.com/RU33KpHLJF— Casey Cizikas (@zeeker11) February 9, 2015
Fritz! pic.twitter.com/F2d1OzOiNq— Dan Saraceni (@cultureoflosing) February 8, 2015