- Recaps of a relieving rally: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | BSH | The Skinny
- All the fancy stats. Calvin deHaan was deMaan. [LHH]
- Both of Dom's favorite teams have had pretty good seasons. [PHT]
- More on Kyle Okposo's injury and his movable (maybe shorter) timetable for return. Also, Dads Trip! [Newsday]
- Signing Johnny Boychuk should be a top priority. [Daily News]
- The Barclays Center is getting ready for its first season ticket push and changes are coming to make the experience better for Islanders fans next season. [CBS New York | And more on the ticket sales from the Brooklyn Daily Eagle]
- We all go though it. Trust me. But maybe, just maybe, don't hit the panic button when the Islanders lose a few games. It happens. [LHH]
- Mark Hermann recounts the 1975 Islanders team with some tidbits and backstory I don't think we've heard before. [Newsday]
- Video: Newsday's Last Season on Long Island series covers The Boss and The Fisherman.
- Video: Okposo's Coliseum Connection. [News 12 Long Island]
- Ferris State's Kyle Schempp is on a roll. [FSU Torch]
- Injury notes from the Sound Tigers. [Soundin' Off]
- Meet Boychuk and Nick Leddy next Wednesday at Roosevelt Field Mall. [Steiner Sports]
- You don't want to face Okposo in Harry Potter trivia. [Isles Blog]
Let's see if I can summarize this madness. Evander Kane was healthy scratched on Tuesday, with late reports saying it was due to a team rules violation in which he wore a track suit to a team meeting rather than a regular suit. Turns out the track suit was just the beginning. Kane in fact blew off the game and bus ride entirely after an earlier altercation where - are you ready? - teammate Dustin Byfuglien took the aforementioned track suit and threw it in the shower to teach Kane a lesson about solidarity or something. Finally, Kane was placed on IR with an injury he's apparently been dealing with for a while. Got all that? No? Here: you figure it out [Sportsnet | More Sportsnet | CP on the IR | McKenzie for TSN
Other Non-Tracksuit Related Items
- Puck Daddy's top ten NHL rivalries. Islanders-Rangers is high, but it's hard to top death threats.
- Good news for the Flyers: injured Kimmo Timonen is scheduled to start skating again soon. [BSH]
- There's a lot of hilarity in this story about the Flyers and blocking shots, featuring Andrew MacDonald. [Philly.com]
- MacDonald trade throw-in (and Manorville native) Matt Mangene has signed with the AHL's Texas Stars.
- The story behind Fenwick, the stat and the man it's named after. [Calgary Sun]
- An upcoming TSN special tackles the subject of counterfeit hockey tickets and jerseys. [TSN.ca]
- Former (? Current?) Islanders prospect Mikko Koskinen made a ridiculous save with the knob of his stick in a KHL game. [Puck Daddy]