Eric Hornick explains the wacky start time.
5pm is considered a night game by NHL; teams can't play day games after night games on consecutive days.— Eric Hornick (@ehornick) February 28, 2015
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | Matchsticks (from a familiar author) | NYI Skinny
- Jaroslav Halak is the Islanders' new record holder for most wins in a season. [LHH]
- But Chad Johnson is set to get more work towards the end of the season. [Newsday]
- The Calgary Herald takes a shine to old man rookie Kael Mouillierat.
- The Sound Tigers dropped a heartbreaker to Springfield as the losing streak hits seven. [CT Post | Soundin' Off Post Game]
- Barclays Center would be a great place for college hockey, if they were interested. [Capitol District Islander]
- The trades continue as the Flyers sent Klassy Kimmo Timonen to Chicago for a couple of picks, possibly high ones based on the conditions. [Broad Street Hockey says goodbye]
- And the Blackhawks might not be done, with rumors swirling around Patrick Sharp and the Capitals. [SB Nation]
- Fun stories of draft picks moved at the deadline that turned into stars. [CBS Sports]
- Stay on top of all of the latest trade rumors right here at the SBN mothership.
- Much-traveled Mike Sillinger talks about the toll it takes on a player's family. [Bleacher Report]
- What exactly happens when a player gets traded, anyway? Does his whole family live in a hotel with him? [PuckDocuments]
- Pascal Dupuis talks about the blood clots that are keeping him from playing. Harrowing stuff to say the least. [The Players Tribune | Pensburgh discusses]
- The Maple Leafs made the David Clarkson-Nathan Horton trade because they could and the Blue Jackets needed them. [Globe n' Mail]
- SI asks scoutswho the best young defensemen in the league are. We should be talking more about No. 1.